It’s good news here in Marconi house with the release of the latest radio listenership results showing that both Today FM and Newstalk have grown their prime-time market shares with several notable increases across the programming schedule.
- Today FM has grown its market share to 7.7%
- The Last Word with Matt Cooper has seen a hike of 7,000 listeners in its drive time slot, The Last Word. Matt Cooper now attracts an audience of 139,000.
- Anton Savage is steering a strong ship in mid mornings for Today FM. Although Anton saw a minor slip of 1,000 he now commands an audience of 174,000 with that figure set to grow in the next round of results – an impressive tally for the presenter who is not yet 2 years in the hot seat.
- Today FM’s newest recruit Fergal D’Arcy also added another 3,000 listeners to his evening show, the 7-9pm time slot which Louise Duffy is set to take over from August. Having joined Today FM from iRadio in 2015, D’Arcy also grew his Sunday afternoon audience by 3,000 to 56,000.
- Newstalk has grown its daily reach, weekly reach and market share.
- The station now reaches 707,000 people weekly with a market share of 6.3%.
- ‘The Pat Kenny Show’ delivered growth with 131,000 listeners daily, up 5,000 book on book;
- ‘Off The Ball’ has affirmed its position as Ireland’s most popular sport’s programme with 194,000 weekend listeners, as well as 47,000 during the week.
Source: JNLR/Ipsos MRBI 2016-3 – July ’15 to June ‘16 (Daily Reach / Weekly Reach) v April 2015 – March 2016 (Book on Book comparisons).